NEbraskaCERT 2019 - Call
for Presenters (CFP)
Presenting at NEbraskaCERT
Every year NEbraskaCERT does a series of our
Cyber Security Forums (CSFs). The following is the
relevant information for our 2019 Schedule.
- Our typical events have 50-75 people or so for our
lunch/dinner meetings and 20-40 for our breakfast meetings.
- The usual talk is 30-45 minutes. We can go up to the
full 90 minutes if needed but we tend to keep them a bit
shorter to allow for more networking.
- No one has ever been booed off the stage yet. Hoping
to keep the streak going in January.
- We cover a wide range of topics (quantum computing, routers,
forensics, and many others)
- You can see the slides of some of our past presentations at
the NEbraskaCERT CSF website https://www.nebraskacert.org/csf
- If you are a vendor we ask you to comply with the 90/10
rule. Which is that at most your talk is 10% vendor
specific and the majority of it is generic. E.g. talking
about firewalls is good, but talking about your company's
product more than 10% is frowned upon.
- It is a great place to try out a talk or idea
Schedule for 2019 (Draft)
Here is our current schedule for 2019. It is still subject to
change as we go through the year.
|Aug 21, 2019
||11:30 am - 1:00 pm
|Sep 18, 2019
||6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
|Oct 16, 2019
||7:30 am - 9:00 pm
||Bellevue Support Center
|Nov 13, 2019
||11:30am - 1:00 pm
Locations we typically host our events at
- Johnny's Cafe - 27th & L Street - we've been
having our lunch meetings at Johnny's Cafe for the last 10+
- Bellevue University - Every year we do an evening
event or two at Bellevue University at the Mueller Academic
Services Building (MASB).
- Bellevue Support Center - This is our usual location
for our breakfast meetings.
- Others we sometimes host an event at a different location
If you have any questions or anything please don't hesitate to drop
me an e-mail at ajgrothe <at> gmail.com.
Copyright © 2005-2017 NEbraskaCERT
For General Inquiries About NEbraskaCERT
Email the "inquiry" user at NEbraskaCERT
For Suggestions or Comments about the Website|
Email the "webmaster" user at NEbraskaCERT